John Lu: As the Montreal Canadiens open training school, the group has actually provided an upgrade on some hurt gamers:
- Josh Anderson is noted with an upper-body injury and is thought about daily.
- Nick Suzuki is noted with a lower-body injury and will be out for 2 weeks.
- Jack Evans is out with an upper-body injury and is noted as everyday. Evans is participating in speed and conditioning skates and screening.
- Joel Edmundson is out forever with a lower-body injury. It is uncertain if it is the very same back injury that afflicted him last season.
- Sean Monahan is still noted on the injury report and is yet to be cleared to take part in training school beyond conditioning drills.
Charlie O’ Connor: As training school got underway Flyers basic supervisor Chuck Fletcher offered updates on some hurt gamers:
- According to Fletcher, Sean Couturier is getting a consultation on his herniated disc. Fletcher mentioned it was too early to state if this injury was season-ending or career-ending for Couturier. There is optimism however he is still noted as out forever.
Adam Kimelman: The news was not as helpful for defenceman Ryan Ellis:
- According to Fletcher, Ryan Ellis‘s injury might be career-ending. He is not anticipated to play this season. If he did, this would be a reward for the Flyers.
In addition, Joel Farabee has actually been cleared to take part in training school, however not totally as he cannot take any contact.
Tom Gulitii: The Washington Capitals had the start of training school today and some significant names were missing out on:
- T.J. Oshie is not an individual in training school on September 22nd. He went through surgical treatment for an upper-body injury and is being held out as a safety measure. He will evaluate later on in camp. It is anticipated he will experiment the group tomorrow.
- Carl Hagelin is not taking part in screening for the Capitals as he is handling an unassociated concern to his eye injury. Hagelin is going through screening and it is uncertain when he will take part in screening.
Injured Maple Leafs
Jonas Seigel: The Injuries continue to accumulate for the Maple Leafs after the other day’s news:
- It was revealed today by the Maple Leafs that defenceman Jake Muzzin will miss out on the start of training school with back pain. He is anticipated to sign up with the group next week and be back on the ice.