MLB Gold Glove Awards 2021: Cardinals make history with five winners

November is awards season for Major League Baseball, and on Sunday night things got begun as the league exposed the winners for the 2021 Gold Glove Awards.

Per Major League Baseball, here’s the ballot procedure: 

Given out considering that 1957, the Gold Glove honors the very best protectors at each position in each league. Major League supervisors and coaches, voting just within their league and not able to choose gamers by themselves groups, represent 75 percent of the choice procedure. The other 25 percent goes to the sabermetrics neighborhood. 

A gamer at each position in each league wins, providing us 18 winners in all. 

Notably here, the Cardinals ended up being the 4th group in the previous 45 years to have 3 infielders win the Gold Glove in the exact same season while Nolan Arenado won his ninth. The 9 Gold Gloves at 3rd methods Arenado routes just Hall of Famers Brooks Robinson (16) and Mike Schmidt (10). Loop in the 2 Cardinals outfield wins and they end up being the first string in MLB history to win 5 Gold Gloves in a season. 

Below are the 2021 winners (with variety of profession Gold Gloves in parentheses) and the other finalists. 

American League

Pitcher: Dallas Keuchel (5th)

Catcher: Sean Murphy, Athletics (first)

First Base: Yuli Gurriel, Astros (first)

Second Base: Marcus Semien, Blue Jays (first)

Shortstop: Carlos Correa, Astros (first)

Third Base: Matt Chapman, Athletics (3rd)

Left Field: Andrew Benintendi, Royals (first)

Center Field: Michael A. Taylor, Royals (first)

Right Field: Joey Gallo (second)

National League

Pitcher: Max Fried, Braves (second)

Catcher: Jacob Stallings, Pirates (first)

First Base: Paul Goldschmidt, Cardinals (fourth)

Second Base: Tommy Edman, Cardinals (first) 

Shortstop: Brandon Crawford (fourth)

Third Base: Nolan Arenado, Cardinals (9th)

Left Field: Tyler O’Neill, Cardinals (second)

Center Field: Harrison Bader, Cardinals (first)

Right Field: Adam Duvall, Braves (first)

The winners of the Platinum Glove, which goes to the leading protector in each league, will be revealed on Friday. The Platinum Glove consists of a fan vote part, and you can cast your vote here. 



ISL 2021-22: East Bengal – Squad, Fixtures, Strengths, Weakness, & Key Players

Previous article

SLAM x Panini Rookie Spotlight: Cleveland Cavaliers Center Evan Mobley

Next article

You may also like

More in Baseball

Comments

Comments are closed.