Charlie O’Conner: Philadelphia Flyers GM Chuck Fletcher stated that with including Cam York, and if Ryan Ellis has the ability to return, they like their defense.
Fletcher tips that they require to enhance on their scoring and power play, and it will more than likely need to originate from outside the company.
Charlie O’Connor: Fletcher stated they are enthusiastic to be able to sign Ivan Fedotov. His finalizing is a bit complex due to the fact that of Russia’s war with Ukraine. They are positive that they can get him signed.
Fletcher included that they think he might fight for the backup position.
(Fedotov is a 2015, 7th round draft choice of the Flyers)
Charlie O’Connor of The Athletic: The Philadelphia Flyers are intending on doing an “aggressive retool” to return in the playoff hunt for next season. They have some lineup concerns and not a great deal of income cap versatility.
GM Chuck Fletcher thinks he can enhance the group in short-term and not tinker any future success.
Top concerns for the company are:
1. Add more high-end skill – It might not need to be somebody that will action in right away, however they require more skill. Sean Couturier is essentially their only top-line skill. They ought to be taking a look at under-25 and not in their mid-30s.
2. Hire the ideal coach – This doesn’t indicate to work with the greatest names readily available. Would John Tortorella be an excellent suitable for the Flyers? He may be.
3. Change the culture around the group – They require to get that “winning culture” back. The ideal coach might assist alter the culture. It doesn’t indicate to generate “veteran” bottom-six gamers who might have on-ice liabilities.
4. Address medical/training personnel and technique to injuries – Too lots of gamers returned rapidly from injuries to then get hurt once again.
5. Fight the desire to attempt and repair whatever right away – Some things take some time, specifically discovering high-end skill. They might desire an aggressive retool however it won’t occur over night. They were the fourth worst group this previous season.
The Rangers are on the roadway versus the Penguins and are
-125 on the moneyline with Betway