The Old Newton Cup 2022 preferred is the William Haggas-trained Gaasee, who according to the wagering market has a 38% opportunity of winning the Haydock race. He’s won his last 4 races, however can he make it 5 in a row this weekend (Sat second July 2022)?
Here at SportsLens, we have a look at the 2022 Old Newton Cup wagering, crucial patterns and most current wagering – and likewise highlight the last 17 runners possibility of winning ahead of Saturday’s Haydock Park (3:15pm) handicap.
Plus, get a £30 FREE BET with 888Sport (bet £10, get £30) to utilize on the Haydock race.
RELATED: Haydock Park Races Today – Racecards, results, ideas and most current wagering
Gaasee Has a 38% Chase Of Winning The 2022 Old Newton Cup?
The William Haggas-trained GAASSEE @ 13/8 with 888Sport has actually been popular in the wagering for the 2022 Old Newton Cup and has actually been put in as the clear preferred with the bookies. Based on his existing Old Newton Cup chances, Gaassee has actually got a 38% opportunity of winning the race on Saturday afternoon.
This enhancing 4 year-old has actually stood out of numerous horse racing fans after winning his last 4 races and depsite being raised another 7lbs here in the rankings, looks a normal Haggas horse that might quickly advance into Listed or Group business. If effective, the horse will be the very first Old Newton Cup winner for the William Haggas backyard.
Cieren Fallon will ride the horse for the very first time however would have work ridden this well-bred Sea The Stars colt in the house having a strong relate to the backyard. He was last seen winning by a length at York back in May, however connections have actually withstood the temptation to run him considering that – most likely to safeguard his handicap mark with this race in mind.
With journey, ground and track all sure to match, then this William Haggas runner is anticipated to make it 5 wins on the spin here and pocket the rewarding £77,000 very first reward.
BACK GAASSEE @ 13/8 with 888Sport
Note: Odds go through alter
RELATED: Lancashire Oaks 2022 | Which Horse Has The Best Chance Of Winning?
Old Newton Cup 2022 Odds and Runners Probability Of Winning
All chances proper since 15:00 BST on Thurs, 30 June and subject to alter
What Time Is The 2022 Old Newton Cup?
🕙Time: 3:15pm (UK time)
📅Date: Saturday second July 2022
🏇Racecourse: Haydock Park
💰 Winner: £77,310
📺 TELEVISION: RacingTV, ITV
Old Newton Cup Trends and Stats
Help discover the winner of this Saturday’s 2022 Old Newton Cup utilizing our crucial patterns and statistics
- 18/20 – Had won a race over 1m4f prior to
- 15/20 – Aged 5 or more youthful
- 15/20 – Won no greater than 5 times prior to
- 14/20 – Officially ranked in between 89 and 97
- 14/20 – Drawn in stall 13 or lower
- 14/20 – Had won a minimum of 3 times prior to
- 13/20 – Carried 9-1 or less
- 12/20 – Favourites put in the leading 4
- 11/20 – Aged 4 years-old
- 10/20 – Irish or U.S.A. reproduced
- 10/20 – Carried 8-12 or less
- 9/20 – Raced within the last 7 days
- 8/20 – Winners that originated from the leading 3 in the wagering
- 8/20 – Placed horses (leading 3) from stall 4
- 6/20 – Had won a race at Haydock prior to
- 6/20 – Raced at Ascot last time out
- 5/20 – Won last time out
- 3/20 – Trained by Mark Johnston
- 2/20 – Winning favourites (1 joint)
- The typical winning SP in the last twenty years is 11.5/1
Recent Old Newton Cup Winners
- 2021 – Alounak (14/1)
- 2020 – Deja (5/1)
- 2019 – Kelly’s Dino (14/1)
- 2018 – Rainbow Rebel (12/1)
- 2017 – Dylan Mouth (25/1)
- 2016 – Tawdeea (8/1)
- 2015 – Notarised (12/1)
- 2014 – De Rigueur (9/1)
- 2013 – Star Lahib (8/1)
- 2012 – Number Theory (8/1)
Haydock Race Times and Schedule (Sat second July 22)
- 1:35 – Bet Boost At bet365 Handicap Cl4 (3yo 0-85) 5f RTV
- 2:05 – bet365 Handicap Cl2 (3yo) 1m6f ITV
- 2:40 – bet365 Lancashire Oaks (Group 2) Cl1 (3yo+) 1m4f ITV
- 3:15 – bet365 Old Newton Cup Handicap Cl2 (4yo+) 1m4f ITV
- 3:50 – bet365 Nursery Handicap Cl4 (2yo 0-80) 6f RTV
- 4:25 – Price Promise At bet365 Handicap Cl2 (3yo+ 0-105) 7f RTV
- 4:55 -Best Odds Guaranteed At bet365.com Handicap Cl3 (3yo 0-90) 7f RTV