The Yankees strolled it off versus the Texas Rangers in Game 1 of their doubleheader on Sunday, 2-1.
Takeaways from the video game
1) Mama, there goes that guy! Gleyber Torres strikes the walkoff dinger versus John King in his 2-for-4 efficiency on the day. The 92 miles per hour sinker was middle out and Torres chose the pitch to send out everybody packaging (a minimum of for a half hour prior to Game 2 starts).
2) Gerrit Cole had a really strong trip as he patiently awaited his next start following the rain hold-ups. He had all of his things working, specifically the fastball command with it dotting the plate at 100 miles per hour sometimes. However, he did slow down a solo homer to Kole Calhoun in the top of the seventh to make it a 1-1 video game. Still, he got his period to 2.67 on the year after quiting 5 hits and starting out 10 over 6.1 innings.
3) Giancarlo Stanton lastly broke the scoreless tie for the Yanks in the bottom of the 6th, striking a sacrifice fly to rating Aaron Judge. It appeared like Stanton got all of that a person and will make it 3-0, however the wind might have held the ball up.
4) The Yankees were really getting no struck by Dane Dunning getting in that 6th inning prior to Judge struck an infield single.
5) The Yanks’ bullpen succeeded to keep the Rangers at bay, with Jonathan Loaisiga, pitching much better lately, going 1.2 innings of scoreless ball. Clay Holmes had a shutdown 8th inning also.
The Yanks are set for Game 2 of this doubleheader at Yankee Stadium with Jordan Montgomery getting the ball versus Glenn Otto.